Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Time For Tea

Good Morning!
Ahhhh, It's spring break here! A bit of a bummer for me because I still have to work and I'm not getting to "play" as much as I'd like with the little diva-girl, but she's been very understanding and we took a nice long hike yesterday and had a great time.

Speaking of time, it's challenge time! This week's SST challenge was to create anything but a card. Totally out of my comfort zone, but I did it! I created this little pocket to but a sachet of tea in. I used my Basic Grey Sizzix pocket die and finally used by Tim Holtz Rosette die. (I actually made about 5 of the little buggers, it was so fun!) I used the Mother's Day Tea Pot digi from Sweet Stamping Treats, the print paper is by American Craft and colorized some paper flowers. I used Y21, Y23, Y26 and there's a little B93 in there as an accent. I probably should've taken a closer picture of the teapot itself - I colored it and when I was done I stamped a pattern on it with Colorless Blender. This was a very cool, easy technique I learned on the Copic marker website.
1. Color the image are that you want to use this technique on. Unless you want to do it on the entire image only color the part you're going to stamp on. Darker colors work better too.
2. Put some Colorless Blender on a sponge or in my case I used a foam blending square. Don't use a piece of felt or other cloth, the solution will dry up too fast.
3. "Ink up" your pattern stamp with the colorless blender and stamp it on the colored area. The longer you hold it there the more the color will be "pushed away" and the more bleached out it will look. (I used an "inchy" stamp by Inkadinkadoo.)
4. You can leave it as is or color it in with another color and not have to worry about the colors blending. After you're done you just continue to finish coloring the rest of the image. Since mine is yellow, its a bit more subtle, but it gave it a nice painted China look.
Give it a try, it's a lot of fun!
Until next time,
Jodi

1 comment:

  1. Reeaaally cool! Thanks for explaining the technique :-)

    ReplyDelete