Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Designer's Choice and a Winner!

Hola everyone! It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood, I'm going to try and get as much work done so I can work a bit outside and maybe become a bit less pale. This weather has been fab!
Anyway, first things first, the winner of the referral contest is.... Judy! (Scrappin Nana). Judy if you would, send me an email and your choice of digi stamp by Sweet Stamping Treats and we'll get that to you. And thank you to all who participated. :-)
Print paper by Bo Buuny, Prism cardstock, Red Viva Decor Pen for accents and DMC red floss.

Now, on to today's challenge. Okay it really wasn't a challenge because it was Designer's Choice week with my friends at SST! I created this bright birthday card using the "Kate Celebrates" digi. I LOVE coloring balloons, I know it sounds goofy, but it's fun to create the transparency with the balloons, and it's really simple to make them more realistic looking. I also decided to get out my "Sew Easy" - something I decided I HAD to have, but haven't really done anything with. I'm not 100% sure it was "sew-easy". Then again, I'm not the world's best at sewing, my cross stitching was never as pretty on the back as it was on the front (which is what I thought mattered anyway), so I wasn't sure how this was going to work. The Bo Bunny paper I used is pretty think and you really have to push down to go thru 2 pieces to sew them together. All in all I don't think it looks too bad, little more practice won't hurt though.
Anywho, here's the Copic recipe for Kate and her balloons:
Skin: E000, E01, E02
Hair: E23, E25, E27
Balloons: V15, V17, B02, B05 and YG03, YG05
Dress: YR02, YR04, YR07 and the trim is R22, R24, R27
The gift is: Y02, Y06 (I used the same reds for the bow as the trim in the dress)
I did do my weird outline thing around her in B000. (I love the little extra is gives to stuff on white)
So tada! That's it for today, go out and enjoy this beautiful weather, you can always bring your markers and your digis out with you!
Until next time!
Jodi

No comments:

Post a Comment