Monday, January 4, 2010

New Year

Okay, yes, I realize I haven't written a thing since September. That should tell you something. LOL However, I have decided that I'm going to do a bit better about getting on here as well as working on more art. Really, I have no excuse. Jenna's in school, George is at work, and I only work 2 days a week at the scrapbook store, so sitting around doing nothing is no longer acceptable.


So what has been going on you ask? Well, not a bunch. I've been helping out at school doing the mom thing with the PTO, and as I mentioned earlier, I work at Scrap 'N Friends in Brookville Tuesdays and Thursdays while Jenna's in school. I'll be teaching my first real class this coming Thursday. This should be interesting. I like the cards I designed and I think the technique is really cool, but sometimes I go a little crazy with trying to squeeze too many ideas into a small timeframe. I hope I haven't made things too complicated. We'll see. I enjoy working up there - especially since I have most of my supplies etc. up there (My home away from home)and I can't seem to get any pages done unless I would haul all my stuff up there in bags that weigh more than a hockey bag with the skates in it every week. Makes more sense to just keep it there. So if you have any scrappin' questions or need help with a project that's where you'll find me in the afternoons.




Speaking of cards, I was pretty happy with this year's Christmas card artwork. I really need to go back to working on them sooner like I used to, no more leaving it until after Thanksgiving. It was all "painted" in Photoshop Elements. (Still waiting for Painter 11 - hint, hint to my hubby) It worked out pretty decent. The colors stay nice and bright when I do it that way. I do like to work bigger, and I would like to get back into the watercolors, but I just don't have much luck getting my colors to scrream like they do on the computer. I'm not one for subtle. I'll just have to experinent some more, I know there's a way to do it. If anyone has suggestions, I'd love to hear them.

Well, I better get the munchkin something to eat. I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment