Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Here we go...

Alright, I've been thinking about this for a while and figured why not. I do occasionally have something to say and someone might like to read it. It might not always be exciting, but too bad.


So, why an inpatient artist? Well, I don't like to wait obviously. When I paint, I usually use acrylics because they dry faster. I like to work with markers as well. I love water color, but I make them as large as I can and tend to do a lot of glazing and washes, and I start at the top and go down. They're fairly big because when I do get to the bottom, the top is pretty close to dry. (My watercolors tend to look like my marker drawings.) I also create most of my artwork on the computer first - there's not a lot of mess and I can fool around with colors without have to start over; again time saving. I like the instant gratification of scrapbooking. I don't have to have any one else's approval but mine. Don't get me wrong, I make sure I get the job done right, but I try to get it done quickly and correctly.


Okay, so that it for the explanation. Those of you who know me, know I tend to talk and walk fast. I'm terrible at waiting on people. Enough said. I'm not sure how oftern I'll do this, but I'll try to keep things recent. TTFN!


No comments:

Post a Comment